What are the activities?
Each class has to do two STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Maths)
activities.One Science fair project.
These activities are hands-on and problem-solving activities that should make learners
curious about Science. Each class will complete one activity per day in their in-school
session. Please have a look at the activity allocated to you. These activities are chosen to fit
your Science theme.
Materials- Please make sure you have all the necessary materials required and if not please
complete an order form and give it to your coordinator to approve.
Time- In school, the days are very important; therefore, these activities should not take more than 45 minutes each.
Trial- Please familiarise yourself with your activities beforehand to ensure success
Science Fair Project
Each learner should complete a Science fair project. We have allocated a project for each class.
The following steps must be followed to introduce and complete the Science Fair
Introduce the project to the learners during the week of 16th January. Give
learners the background of the task and send a written instruction sheet
home which includes what learners have to do and the success criteria.
- Introduce the project to the learners during the week of 16th January. Give learners the background of the task and send a written instruction sheet home which includes what learners have to do and the success criteria.
- Materials – The learners should be informed about what materials they should
- Procedure- This is how they will conduct their experiment.
- All learners should also receive a scientific investigation sheet to complete.
This would include: the question, hypothesis, procedure, recorded results,
conclusion and confirmation or disconfirmation of hypothesis. I have attached
an example please change it to suit the level of your learners.
- Their final product for the science fair project should include: An information
board about their scientific investigation with their recorded data and a model
to explain their project.
- Learners are to present their projects to the class during their in-school days.
- All projects must be placed in the designated area on the in-school day of the
week of the 8th of February.